Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Bookshelf

Mostly I've been too busy for gaming, but I thought surely I could get in on something so simple as the bookshelf meme. So I took the picture, but I haven't actually got around to it until now. And you may notice that it's rather sparse in terms of actual gaming-related material . . .


The bottom shelf is more interesting than the top. On the left:
  • Carcosa
  • Vornheim
  • The God That Crawls
  • The Decision Book
  • Jon Hodgman's Encyclopaedia of COMPLETE WORLD KNOWLEDGE:
    • The Areas of My Expertise
    • More Information than you Require
    • That is All
 And on the right, starting after the CD binder:
  • Ficciones by Jorge Luis Borges (I do not read Spanish yet, but someday I will learn)
  • Collected Nonfictions by Jorge Luis Borges
  • Don Juan in Hell by George Bernard Shaw
  • Seven Nights by Jorge Luis Borges
  • Wonder Tales from Lord Dunsany
  • Welsh Place-Names and Their Meanings by Dewi Davies
  • Historic Newfoundland by the Newfoundland and Labrador Tourist Development Office
  • Some pamphlets (unrelated)
  • Railsea by China Mieville
  • The Ship of Ishtar by A. Merritt
Let's hope I can get more gaming books on there next semester.

Addendum

This post mentions Vornheim, a book by Zak S. I do not want to support Zak or his work, and encourage others not to either. For mor information, see my post here. The post also mentions Carcosa and The God that Crawls, other products published by Lamentations of the Flame Princess. For a variety of reasons, I also no longer support Lamentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment